Monday, April 18, 2016

The Call



The Call- 05/03/2011

So when my husband is away, I tend to become a hermit. I never want to miss his calls or messages online so when my friends and I get together, we usually come to my house. I have some pretty incredible friends here now who completely understand and just make themselves at home when/if he does happen to call while they're visiting.

In the month that my husband has been deployed, we've been pretty unlucky with phones and the internet. I don't know what is going on over there but it seems that most times we only get about 10 uninterrupted minutes and then we get cut off. As for phones, he waited for the entire first week to get his phone card and we went for  a long time just emailing back and forth. So that first phone call after nearly two weeks without hearing his voice was one of the best I've ever had.
Now I am very aware that certain trades don't get half as much talk time as others. I know some wives who go weeks or months without hearing from their husbands. But I know they're hanging out by the phone as much as possible too.

This morning I got one of those rare but wonderful phone calls. It was so needed too. My husband informed me that he spent some time in the hospital (for a very minor thing but obviously still scared me!) a couple of days ago and I, being the way I am, thought he was downplaying what had happened. Hearing his voice this morning made me feel so much better and I actually believe him that he's ok. It didn't stop me from having a little cry when we hung up though!
(May 6th- ok so just to clarify, the hospital trip was due to an oil leak and just a bit of oil in the eye, all taken care of! I've had a lot of comments since I posted this so I wanted to make sure everyone knows he's safe and healthy)

No comments:

Post a Comment